Serve up nutritious chocolate smoothies
Tuesday Apr 17th, 2018Share
Morning, noon or night, this chocolate peanut butter cup smoothie does an excellent job of satisfying your sweet tooth. Packed with fibre and protein, your family will drink up the classic flavour combo in this recipe from Ontario Bean Growers.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie with Black Beans
Prep time: 4 minutes
• 1 cup sweetened almond milk (or 1% milk)
• 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
• 1 tbsp chia seeds
• 1 frozen ripe banana, cut into chunks
• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 2-4 ice cubes (2-4)
1. Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and whirl until smooth, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Garnish with drizzle of peanut butter and cocoa nibs if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 209; protein 7.7 g; fat 7.8 g; carbohydrates 32.4 g; total dietary fibre 9.1 g; sodium 224 mg; vitamin A 53 mg; vitamin C 6 mg; calcium 230 mg; iron 2.7 mg.
Find more recipes online at ontariobeans.on.ca.
Attention editors: This article is for distribution in Ontario only.